Campers of all ages can design, perform and program this summer in Middletown, New Jersey. Starting today, kids ages three to fourteen can enroll in an array of summer camp experiences available from June 15 – September 4, 2015 at Middletown Arts Center (MAC). MAC Camp goes beyond typical summer offerings with creative arts and STEM oriented programs, available the entire summer in half or full day sessions, with per week options.
They also supervise a free lunch period for children who sign up for both a morning and afternoon camp, creating a full day of creative fun. ‘Club MAC’ offers busy parents before and after care during camp from 7 am until the start of the morning session and again in the afternoon from 3 pm to 6 pm. Registrants can book by phone at 732.706.4100, on site or online at www.middletownarts.org.
“Kids who crave artistic or science rooted alternatives to basic summer camps will thrive at MAC Camp,” enthused Director Maggie O’Brien. “Parents can appreciate an affordable, extended care option with weekat-a-time flexibility,” O’Brien continued.
Whether it’s painting, performing, programming, dancing, or engineering, MAC’s 23,000 square foot facility has room for creative campers to flourish. Below are some highlights from more than 100 different weekly options.
Middletown Summer Camp Courses
– Space Adventure Bricks 4 Kidz (6+) – Delve into space exploration and build NASA inspired models
– 3D Printing Design a Toy (6+) – Create, print and paint your own action figure
– Weaving Workshop (7+) – Learn the ancient art of weaving on a loom with a hip, modern spin
– Fins and Mermaids (4-8) – Draw and paint sea creatures from sharks to glittering mermaids
– Jump and Jingle (3-5) – Dance, sing and play instruments you create from maracas to guitars
– Teenz Fine Art Studio (12+) – Older students refine technique while exploring self expression
– Theater Workshop (8-13) – Write, direct and perform a one-act play on stage
– Frozen Frolics (4+) – Sing, dance and craft all things relating to the movie “Frozen”
– Make Your First Video Game (11-14) – Explore graphics, sounds and basic coding concepts
– Intro to Orchestra for Strings (9-14) – Finale is an orchestral performance in MAC’s auditorium
– Creative Design and Robotics (8-14) – Master the fundamentals of motorized mechanisms
– MAC Comedy Kids (7+) – Sketches, improvisations and funny songs keep the giggles going
Of course, you do not need to be a Middletown resident to participate in MAC Camp. Discounted rates apply to MAC members. Although MAC does not offer pre-registration for single or drop-in sessions, every effort will be made to accommodate campers on a first come first serve basis. In fact, a complete online brochure detailing all the programs is available online.
Meanwhile, MAC is a 23,000 square foot facility in Middletown, New Jersey that offers performances, exhibits, classes, demonstrations and camps centering on the arts. Its convenient location across from the Middletown train station on Church Street enables easy access. MAC’s diverse, year-round cultural enrichment features more than 1,200 programs catering to all age groups and interests.
Finally, classes range from ballroom dancing and ballet to watercolor painting and computer sciences. The center annually engages approximately 4,000 artists, who instruct, exhibit and perform. MAC’s theatrical, musical, dance and comedic performance schedule and ticket sales can be accessed on their website. MAC is operated by a non-profit 501c3, the Middletown Township Cultural and Arts Council.