Whether he is waiting at the altar, greeting guests, or taking off the garter, the groom is expected to be dressed to impress. For you special guys out there, I have collected some of the top 2016 wedding fashion trends. I also sought out representatives from national designers Brooks Brothers, Allure Men by Allure Bridals, and Men’s Wearhouse (an exclusive partner of David’s Bridal) to hand-select photos of popular styles. So go get your bride-to-be and let’s research your wardrobe together.
Trends by GroomInspiration
GroomInspiration was started by a man named Fiyin after his sister’s groom could not find a website to inspire him. “Grooms now have started putting more effort to add their own flavor to this once-in-a-lifetime experience. Chances are a modern groom and his friends are not afraid to push boundaries and try something new,” Fiyin says. Here are his top five trends for grooms and groomsmen:
- Mismatched pieces. “The one colored or plain colored pieces have been replaced with mismatched alternatives like waistcoats for a three-piece style suit in a different color from the trousers and jacket.” The groom also can try a patterned shirt with tweed. Or perhaps either a quirky patterned tie or print bow tie?
- New colors. Grooms are choosing marsala, brown, or burgundy for formalwear in lieu of the standard black, navy blue, or gray. According to Fiyin, this can be a patterned mix-up or a one color, two-piece ensemble.
- Accent colors. The guys are wearing brilliant accent colors to spruce up their looks. “These colors are displayed in pocket squares, lapels, button hole flowers, even socks.”
- Mix and match the crew. “The stand out groom now chooses a complete or partially different look from his best man and his buddies. We now have grooms that wear a different color suit, or the only one to wear a jacket or even a different vest.” With the mix and match style, the guys can contrast with textures, colors, patterns, and so on.
- Suspenders for everyone! According to Fiyin, suspenders have made a comeback. The guys can choose patterns or bright colors, or add a personal touch with monograms.
Chief Creative Director Joseph Abboud offers some top trends for Men’s Wearhouse. “For the coming year we see the mixing and matching of colors, as well as three-piece suits. My top picks would be the Joseph Abboud navy tux, the charcoal gray Black by Vera Wang tuxedo, and the notch lapel tux by Calvin Klein.”
The Tuxedo Shop at Brooks Brothers offers the groom the very best for his special occasion. Dana Schiller offers some of their top picks in formalwear. These are available in New Jersey Brooks Brothers retail locations, as well as online.
Allure Men by Allure Bridals
Carley Whitehead at Allure Bridals also selected some top picks for grooms. You can find your nearest Allure Bridals retailer in New Jersey by visiting their website.
Hero (Top) Feature Image: © / Dollar Photo Club
Addition Images (in Order) Courtesy:
Men’s Warehouse / website
Brooks Brothers / website
Allure Men / website