Amy Yang, hailed by the Washington Post as a “jaw-dropping pianist who [steals] the show .. with effortless finesse,” returns to Drew with an impressive repetoire and skill. This program of mostly Romantic piano music promises a stunning performance. The exception is Avner Dorman’s(2014) three intermezzi “After Brahms”, written in reaction to Brahms’ Three intermezzi of 1892. The program also features shorter works — waltzes by Delibes and Sibelius, and a Brahms Hungarian Dance — as well as Schumann’s Op. 20 delightful Humoreske suite.
- CMS Concert: Piano and Winds - 02/15/2020 - All Day
- Piano and Winds - 02/15/2020 - 8:00 pm
- OPERA'S ULTIMATE ODD COUPLE The Joseph DeAlessandro Memorial Opera Concert - 03/15/2020 - All Day
- CMS Concert: Transcendence - 03/21/2020 - All Day
- da Camera Concert: Contrasts - 04/04/2020 - All Day
- Appalachian Spring Presented by the Masterwork Chorus - 05/16/2020 - 7:00 pm - 11:30 pm