Tonight, December 31, 2013, we’re updating our holiday restaurant feature to provide a more up-to-date guide to New Year’s Day Dining in New Jersey.
We’ve been adding updates as we got more information from local restaurants near you. Be sure and see our pages for New Year’s Eve Parties and our NJ Events Calendar page for New Year’s Eve.
The original blog post about David Burke’s Fromagerie was written in 2009. David has become quite famous since then and his empire has expanded far and wide. The Rumson restaurant is still open on most of those nights. One of the most sought after days is Christmas Day because 9 out of 10 restaurants are closed that day and there is probably not a better restaurant in the New Jersey open that day. The website at this point does not mention a New Year’s Day Dinner, so they may not be serving that day.
We have updated all the times and the prices of these dinners and we are now featuring a listing of other restaurants that are open on these days.
North Jersey Holiday Dining
Blue Morel Restaurant and Wine Bar, Morristown: Blue was named one of the top 10 new restaurants in America. Nestled in the heart of Morristown, Morel uses local, regional, organic and sustainable farms to create a true farm to table experience.
- Christmas Day, 3 course prix-fixe, $59.00, Serving from 12:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve Dinner: 5 course prix-fixe, $129.00, Seatings from 7:30 to 10:00 p.m.
- New Year’s Day Buffet: Prix-fixe buffet, $28.00, Seatings from noon to 2:00 p.m.
Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Parisippany: Ruth’s is serving Christmas Day Dinner in many locations across the United States. Their New Jersey location is in the Parisippany Hilton Hotel at the Morris County Corporate Center.
Casa Dante, Jersey City Casa Dante is an awarding winning Italian restaurant that’s proud of its great food, fine wine and gracious service.
- Christmas Eve Seven Fish Dinner, 6 course prix-fixe, $79.00, Serving from 2:00 p.m. till closing
- New Year’s Eve Dinner: 4 course prix-fixe, $150.00, Serving from 8:30 to closing
The Manor Restaurant, West Orange: The Manor has been hosting weddings and special occasions since 1956. It is situated on a 20 acre estate with manicured gardens and next to Eagle Rock Reservation.
- Christmas Day, 4 course prix-fixe, $69.95, Serving from 12:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Christmas Day Buffet: Prime rib, lamb, turkey, ham, $55.95, Serving same hours
- New Year’s Day Brunch & Dinner Buffet & a-la-carte Dinner: Prime rib, lamb, turkey, ham, $45.95, Serving 12 noon to 8:00 p.m.
Hunan Taste, Denville: Hunan has been serving authentic award winning Hunan, Szechuan, and Mandarin cuisine since 1986. Recent awards include Best Chinese Food from New Jersey Monthly and an Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator.
- Christmas Eve, Regular Menu, entrees @ $13.20 to $19.95, Regular hours, call for reservations
- Christmas Day: Same
- New Year’s Eve: Same
- New Year’s Day: Same
Jersey Shore Holiday Dining
David Burke Fromagerie, Rumson: Fromagerie has been a landmark in Rumson for more than 40 years. Chef David Burke worked here early in his career and ended up buying the restaurant in 2006. Fromagerie is famous for their onion soup, maple bacon dates, hot and angry lobster cocktail and short rib with handmade cavatelli.
- Christmas Eve Dinner: 3 course prix-fixe, $90.00, Serving from 12:00 noon to 8:30 p.m.
- Christmas Day, 3 course prix-fixe, $90.00, Serving from 12:00 noon to 8:30 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve, Ring in the new year with an exquisite 4 course dinner for $105.00 per person and that includes your champagne toast. Dinner seatings are available from 5:00 to 10:30 p.m.
- New Year’s Day, Celebrate the first day of 2014 at Fromagerie with a buffet from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Mad Batter, Cape May: The Mimosas that serve as the feature photo for this article are from the Mad Batter on Jackson Street in Cape May. For New Year’s Day, it seems that the restaurant will not be open for breakfast or lunch, but they are showing open tables for dinner. So you can just sleep in tomorrow and get your mimosa at 5:00.
- New Year’s Day, Enjoy a dinner at the batter from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Scarborough Fair, Sea Girt: Scarborough brags that they are the most romantic restaurant in New Jersey. Chef J.C. is serving a special a la carte holiday menu for Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve with highlights like: lobster bisque, escargot, filet mignon, rack of lamb, lobster and more.
- Christmas Eve Dinner: a la carte menu, entrees @ $23-$38 Call for hours and reservations
- New Year’s Eve, a la carte menu, entrees @ $23-$38 Call for hours and reservations.
The Ebbitt Room, Cape May: The Ebbitt Room has been one of New Jersey best restaurants for many years now and for the 2013 holiday season that are offering an excellent value on Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve.
- Christmas Eve Dinner: a la carte menu, $entrees @ $28.00 to $39.00, call for hours
- Christmas Day, 4 course prix-fixe, $65.00, Serving from 12:00 noon to 7:00 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve, 5 course prix-fixe feast for $95.00 with champagne toast. Seatings 5:00 to 10:30 p.m.
- Get More Info
Stockton Seaview Hotel and Golf Club, Galloway: Seaview is an elegant resort property located in the beautiful countryside of Atlantic County, about 8 miles out of Atlantic City. The 600 acre estate features a golf course, spa and a 270 room hotel.
- Christmas Eve Dinner: 4 course prix-fixe, $46.95, Serving from 6:00 p.m to 9:00 p.m. a wonderfully extravagant menu featuring a raw bar, charcuterie and a carving station
- Christmas Day Brunch, 3 course prix-fixe, $46.95, Serving from 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m. featuring omelettes, raw bar, carving station and desserts
- New Year’s Eve, 4 course prix-fixe, $62.00, Serving from 6:00 p.m to 9:00 p.m., dinner ends with an elegant Viennese Table but sadly, no champagne toast
Tuckahoe Inn, Marmora: Tuckahoe is one of the South Jersey’s and the Jersey Shore’s most famous historic restaurants. It is located on the Great Egg Harbor Bay just off the Garden State Parkway but far away from the noise and congestion.
- New Year’s Eve, Regular menu & regular pricing, Early bird seatings start at 11:30 and go till 5:00 p.m. Dinner reservations available until 10:30. Live music from 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
Jersey Shore, South Jersey & Central Jersey Holiday Dining:
McCormick & Schmick’s: M&S has locations in Atlantic City, Cherry Hill (seafood & steakhouse), Bridgewater. They are well known for their seafood but they are now opening steakhouses.
- Christmas Eve Dinner: Holiday Menu a la carte
- Christmas Day Dinner: Holiday Menu a la carte
- New Year’s Eve Dinner: Holiday Menu a la carte
- New Year’s Day Dinner: Holiday Menu a la carte
Central Jersey Holiday Dining
Luca’s Ristorante, Flemington Luca’s has a great dinner deal for New Year’s Eve. They are featuring a 4 Course Prix Fixe Dinner for $59.00 per person. Highlights include a lobster ravioli appetizer, chilean sea bass, filet mignon and eggnog flan.
- Christmas Eve Dinner: Regular menu, 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve Dinner: Prix Fixe, 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- New Year’s Day Dinner: Regular menu, 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Lovin Oven, Frenchtown The Oven, located next door to Two Buttons (of Eat, Pray, Love Fame), is famous for a laid back funky vibe, home baked goods and creative casual dining.
- Christmas Eve Dinner: Regular menu for breakfast and lunch, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve Dinner: 4 course prix-fixe, price not stated, 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- New Year’s Hangover Brunch: 4 course prix-fixe, price not stated, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
River Blue Cafe, Frenchtown Blue is located in the heart of Frenchtown and serves 3 meals a day. For the holidays they are offering their regular menu and great prices.
- Christmas Day Breakfast: Regular menu, 9:00 a.m. to noon
- New Year’s Day: Regular menu for breakfast and lunch and, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
South Jersey Holiday Dining
Ye Olde Centerton Inn, Pittsgrove Centerton has been in business here since 1704. They specialize in fine steaks and seafood. For the holidays they are featuring an al a carte menu with crab imperial, lobster Newburg, prime rib, rack of lamb and a Centerton filet mignon. Entrees priced $22.00 to $35.00.
- Christmas Eve Dinner: Holiday al a carte menu, call for hours
- New Year’s Eve Dinner: Holiday al a carte menu, call for hours
- New Year’s Day Dinner: Holiday al a carte menu, call for hours