Today, December 14, 2014, we’re updating our holiday restaurant feature to provide a more useful guide to Christmas Dining in New Jersey. We’ve been adding updates as we got more information from local restaurants near you. Be sure and see our pages for New Year’s Eve Parties.
The original blog post about a Jersey Shore restaurant that was open on Christmas Day was written way back in 2009. Most restaurants just can’t do another service by the time that Christmas day rolls around and there are quite a few families that need a place to go. We will add to this list as we find more options.
North Jersey Christmas Dining
Blue Morel Restaurant and Wine Bar, Morristown: Blue was named one of the top 10 new restaurants in America. Nestled in the heart of Morristown, Morel uses local, regional, organic and sustainable farms to create a true farm to table experience.
- Christmas Eve, regular menu, Serving from 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Christmas Day, 3 course prix-fixe, $68.00, Serving from 12:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Parisippany & Weehawken: Ruth’s is serving Christmas Day Dinner in many locations across the United States. Their North Jersey locations are located in the Parisippany Hilton Hotel at the Morris County Corporate Center and at the Shops at Lincoln Harbor in Weehawken.
- Christmas Day, Regular menu, a la carte, Serving from 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
The Manor Restaurant, West Orange: The Manor has been hosting weddings and special occasions since 1956. It is situated on a 20 acre estate with manicured gardens and next to Eagle Rock Reservation. For 2014, they are continuing their tradition of fine dining for the holidays.
- Christmas Day, 4 course prix-fixe, $69.95, Serving from 12:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Christmas Day Buffet: Prime rib, lamb, turkey, ham, $55.95, Serving same hours
Hunan Taste, Denville: Hunan has been serving authentic award winning Hunan, Szechuan, and Mandarin cuisine since 1986. Recent awards include Best Chinese Food from New Jersey Monthly and an Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator.
- Christmas Eve, Regular Menu, entrees @ $13.20 to $19.95, Regular hours, call for reservations
- Christmas Day: Same
Jersey Shore Christmas Dining
David Burke Fromagerie, Rumson: Fromagerie has been a landmark in Rumson for more than 40 years. Chef David Burke worked here early in his career and ended up buying the restaurant in 2006. Fromagerie is famous for their onion soup, maple bacon dates, hot and angry lobster cocktail and short rib with handmade cavatelli.
- Christmas Eve Dinner: 3 course prix-fixe, $90.00, Serving from 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m.
- Christmas Day, 3 course prix-fixe, $90.00, Serving from 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m.
Scarborough Fair, Sea Girt: Scarborough brags that they are the most romantic restaurant in New Jersey. Chef J.C. is serving a special a la carte holiday menu for Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve with highlights like: lobster bisque, escargot, filet mignon, rack of lamb, lobster and more.
- Christmas Eve Dinner: a la carte menu, entrees @ $24-$38 4:00 to 9 p.m.
- Christmas Day Dinner: a la carte menu, entrees @ $24-$38 noon to 9:00 p.m.
Stockton Seaview Hotel and Golf Club, Galloway: Seaview is an elegant resort property located in the beautiful countryside of Atlantic County, about 8 miles out of Atlantic City. The 600 acre estate features a golf course, spa and a 270 room hotel.
- Christmas Eve Dinner: 4 course prix-fixe, $46.95, Serving from 6:00 p.m to 9:00 p.m. a wonderfully extravagant menu featuring a raw bar, charcuterie and a carving station
- Christmas Day Brunch, 3 course prix-fixe, $54.95, Serving from 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m. featuring omelettes, raw bar, carving station and desserts
Central Jersey Christmas Dining
River Blue Cafe, Frenchtown Blue is located in the heart of Frenchtown and serves 3 meals a day. For the holidays they are offering their regular menu and great prices.
- Christmas Day Breakfast: Regular menu, 9:00 a.m. to noon
Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Princeton: Ruth’s is serving Christmas Day Dinner in many locations across the United States. Their Central Jersey location is on Village Boulevard in Princeton.
- Christmas Day, Regular menu, a la carte, Serving from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
South Jersey Christmas Dining
Ye Olde Centerton Inn, Pittsgrove Centerton has been in business here since 1704. They specialize in fine steaks and seafood. For the holidays they are featuring an al a carte menu with crab imperial, lobster Newburg, prime rib, rack of lamb and a Centerton filet mignon. Entrees priced $22.00 to $35.00.
- Christmas Eve Dinner: Holiday al a carte menu, call for hours
Jersey Shore & Central Jersey Christmas Dining:
McCormick & Schmick’s: M&S has locations in Atlantic City and Bridgewater.